AdoTube, the Exponential-owned in-stream advertising specialist, today announced the release of its 2012 Global Format Index, which showcases data from more than 9,500 campaigns and nearly 13.5 billion impressions.
The research shows that interactive pre-rolls not only drove the highest click-through rates (CTR), but also demonstrated a significant increase in engagement rates over the previous year, growing by 80% from 2011 to 2012.
Index highlights and global insights:
- Increase in global adaption of standard pre-roll attributed to in-stream advertisement rates similar to what U.S. experienced when the market first started testing video formats
- CPG delivered the most impressions globally, followed closely by Retail and Auto
- CPG and auto have a large presence year-round, while mobile and travel focus on Q2 and Q3, respectively
- AdoTube exceeded industry CTR benchmarks across all markets, with particularly high growth in SE Asia, the United Kingdom and Canada
- Canada has shown strong growth for in-stream video, running twice as many campaigns in Q4’ 2012 as the previous quarter and more than five times as many as in Q1
- Q4 proved to be the most active across all global markets for video, potentially an indicator of continued growth for the sector